Monday 15 November 2010

Evaluation of preliminary task.

Overall I am pleased with our preliminary task dispite the lack of time for shooting. I included all of the required elements which included match on action, we used this when one of the characters looked down and a phone was ringing, however the audience could not see the phone at this point, this is where I decided to use the match on action shot. I also used shot-reverse-shot as the conversation was happening. I found that our plot for our prelim was weak and boring, however I included all that we needed to. The lack of time also proved to be a problem as I could not develop our ideas as much as I wanted to. Another problem that I will learn form is that when I shot our film there are voices in the background which makes the film seem very amature. So when I come to shoot our real film I will ensure that I film in a quiet area. Editing was not to difficult because most of the shots had been taken in order so I just had to cut them to size and run them one after each other. The editing together was easy which I understand when I do our film opening editing may not be as easy, but I feel by creating this prlim task I now have a basic understanding to how imovie works because I have never used it before.

No comments: